Top Listing Agents in the Charlottesville, VA Area
What to look for in a listing agent in Charlottesville
As you prepare to list your home for sale nothing is more important than choosing the right listing agent to represent you and your property. Here are the top five things to consider when choosing the best listing agents in Charlottesville.
- Experience: How long has your listing agent been in the business in the Charlottesville area?
- Expertise: How well does your listing agent understand the nuances of your particular property?
- Ethics: Does your listing agent have a reputation among his or her peers in the Charlottesville area for ethical behavior?
- Energy: Will your listing agent take the initiative to put your property at the top of every list and bring it to the attention of buyers in the Charlottesville area and out of town buyers?
- Education: Is your listing agent dedicated to continuing education and active in local, state and national Realtor associations?
I am often asked to refer a client to a Realtor in another town, often one I am unfamiliar with. We are not a franchise, so I’m beholden to no one and can easily find, (by using the internet) which Realtors are most active in the segment of the market that my client is interested in. I’ll look at their website, and then I’ll call to ask how long they have been in the business and what they know about a particular area. I would never, ever call a large company and ask for an agent. Sorry to all those new agents hoping for that great floor call. You have not earned it! Actually, that is how most people find their Realtor and the key reason why disappointment is more typical than not among sellers. So…ask a friend, ask a neighbor who has their home listed and browse the internet to find an experienced Realtor who specializes in your type of property.
John Ince has been a licensed Realtor in the Charlottesville area since 1983. He has specialized in land, farms, estates, and residential property for over 36 years and has been a top producer every year since 1987. John Ince’s expertise stems from his background working with horses and managing farms in California, Texas, and Virginia before settling near Charlottesville in 1982. John is frequently called on by his colleagues with questions from first-time farm purchasers. John Ince has been active in his local Realtor Association having served for eight years on the Board of Directors and as Association president in 2014. He is currently active on the Professional Standards and Operations committees with the Charlottesville Area Association of Realtors. John is known for his creative approach to marketing and employs every tool available with his unique craft honed over the last 36 years.